Friday, April 08, 2005

The Weekend Is Nearly Upon Us

Finally, Friday!

Last night when I got home, I discovered that we had a power outage earlier that day (around 9AM) out for an hour or so. Needless to say, we could not get online. After some investigation, I discovered that the firewall I was using (a Windows XP box) lost a NIC. So I bumped my weekend firewall project to last night. Everything works great! Thanks to IOActive, my firewall vendor. I recommend anyone with a broadband internet connection get a hardware firewall. DO NOT rely on windows XP to do it for you, it's not secure enough. My connection is not even visable on the internet. I cannot be pinged. And not outbound services are exposed, not even ssh. Therefore, I am invisable.

As for right now, I need to get my test cases finished up before noon.

More later.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home