Sunday, April 10, 2005

Project Complete

The server project is complete, well, nearly complete. The only thing left is to connect and install the printers on it. One USB, the other parallel. That would get everything off our workstations. For now, I am placing the box in test mode, in that, I am not deleting any data from the workstations that has been copied to the server for at least a week. I want to make sure things are stable. I would hate to loose all that data, photos, apps, etc. I need to archive on CD as well. That is the next step. I picked up a 10 pack of CDR's last night for just that purpose. Then I can remove the data from the workstations. I should recover close to 20GB on my workstation. That space will come in handy. And the server currently has over 40GB of free space.

I am also entertaining making the network a domain. It would make our workstations much more secure as they would have domain accounts. Again, the server is being tested first. I am not commiting anything until I know it is very stable.

Anway, back to the race...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home