Sunday, April 10, 2005

Race Day Again

No entry for yesterday. I managed to sleep most of the day away and when I was not sleeping, I was pretty useless. Thus, no entry here yesterday.

Today is race day again. This time the race is in Martinsville. There is a link in the post prior to this one. Another short track race. We shall see what kind of tempers flare there today. If payback from last week is still on the minds of the drivers. Or have they all forgiven and forgotten? Time will tell. This track, much like Bristol, is very small. As I have mentioned before, there is almost always a caution within the first 3 laps, usually lap one. And the tempers start getting fired up at that point. It will be an exciting race no doubt.

Today I think I am going to tackle the server project and get that machine configured and online. I have the OS pre-loaded on a drive. I just need to swap system drives, add a SCSI card and two more IDE drives and I'm good to go. I am a bit shy on RAM, only 256MB. But that should do the job for a file server and print server. I am still debating turning it into a domain controller. It would secure our network even more. I would like to have a more powerful box for a domain controller. Keep the one I have now as a stand alone server. That is how I am going to build it up today, I can always promote it to a DC at a later date. This project will provide better printer locations as well. It will get the color printer off my bookshelf and over by the rack. That will free up shelf space for more books. Books that are already there, just on top, or in front of other books. Space is a premium here.

Perhaps more later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home