Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Finally!

I have finally landed a job (ok, a contract) for a year. I will be working on Transports and Connectivity using IPv6. This stands to be a very interesting assignment. I have not been making entries here for the past month as I have been focused on finding work. The market is such that employeers can be very selective right now. So that has made it very difficult to find work. This new assignment is a one year conract so I will continue to look for full time, permanent work during that time. I need the stability of a full tim perm job.

Needless to say, life has been interesting over the past month. I am currently building a new PC for use with FreeBSD. I should have that project complete in the next week or so. It will be a PII 333Mhz w/512MB RAM, 10GB HDD, 8MB Video, 100MB NIC. This will be the fastest UNIX box I have built to date. In the past they have been in the neighborhood of PII 250Mhz systems with far less RAM, smaller HDD's, etc. So this box will be a pleasant change of pace.

I have also been keeping my home network up to date. I recently setup a wireless link for my laptop. A very handy thing to have. Now I can move about my apartment with my laptop and the only thing I have to worry about is a power cord (if my battery is low). I have everything secured at the MAC level, and encryption is next. So if a machine is not in my MAC list, it cannot use my wireless link. Very effective really.

Not much else going on here really. So I will make an entry later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home