Wednesday, June 22, 2005

It's Been a Long While

I apologise for the long period between posts. I have been undergoing a transition, if you will. I am no longer working at the 'evil empire'. I am currently working in downtown Seattle. It's been kind of fun so far. I have been working 12 hour days, and I have to add 2.5 hrs of commute to that every day as I bus it into town from the eastside. It's not bad though. Although, I would prefer a longer contract and shorter hours. Again, that is ok, as this will make for 2 very fat paychecks. I have 60 hrs in last week, and well over 50 (closer to 58) by the end of this week. Makes for a couple grand in my pocket, and I like that. It beats un employment.

Needless to say, I have had a lot of time to listen to music this week. I have roughly 5GB of MP3 files, and I have gone through most of them already. the original 2.8GB I brought in last week, I went through before the weekend. Thanks to a good friend, I now have another 2.2GB to get me to Friday this week. Plus, I can grab more. Without music (much like my first day here) I would go absolutely nuts. The first day I worked in silence, no music, nothing.... Needless to say, I was ready for noise of some sort when I left that day. Wow.

I have also found that I get a lot of walking in now that I am downtown. I catch a bus into town in the morning, then walk 1.3 miles to work. Then, at the end of the day, I walk another 1.3 miles back to the heart of downtown to catch my bus home. From there I catch a connecting bus once I am back on the eastside, when I get off that bus it's a hop, skip, and a jump to my front door. On Monday this week, my bus going home did not connect with the second bus, so I ended up walking 2.3 miles home (over half of that was uphill I might add). And I actually beat the next bus after that by 20 minutes. I figure I walked at least 6 miles per hour. Not a bad clip for an old man.

Well, the NASCAR driver I support (Kasey Kahne) finally won his first Nextel Cup Race, May 14th in Richmond, VA. It was a race under the lights. Kasey has been trying to win for 2 years now. And with 5 second place finishes, he was very much ready for this win (I believe I mentioned this in an earlier post as well. Now you have all the details twice). So I broke down and bought his "First Win" T-shirt from the NASCAR.com store. It's pretty slick. It's Dodge red, and has all kinds of info on it. I like it. I might just have to order more shirts from them.

I think that has me caught up for now. If I can think of any other earth shaking news, I will be sure to get it posted. In the meantime, this is it.

More later as usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home