Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Been Having A Rough Time Lately

I am currently in the midst of a job hunt. I am looking for Windows Systems Administration in the Kirkland/Bellevue/Redmond/Seattle WA area. If anyone out there knows of a business that is looking, by all means, let me know via a comment. All I need is a phone number or email contact, or even a web address. And a contact name would be awesome. I will check for comments regularly.

It's been tight these past few weeks. Everything is on track, just not much left to do anything else... Good thing we have cable (well, extended basic anyway)... It's better than just network TV... oh boy... hehehehe. And we do have a good movie collection.

I made a great score a couple of days ago. I am particularly proud of this. Metro Transit (the local bus system for the Pudget Sound area) sent out some neat flyers in the last week or so. Each one of these flyers came with 4 free bus passes for 2 zone peak fare (can be used anytime). And they don't expire until Dec 31 this year. Well, we live in an apartment complex. My train of thought was, most of these people here have cars. They are not going to keep these bus passes because they don't need them. So we went up to the mailboxes, and in the garbage can they have there for junk mail, we found 13 more flyers, with all 4 passes still atached. So now we have 52 free bus rides, anytime, anywhere metro goes, until the new year. A monthly pass is $72 for 2 zone, peak. To buy a pass for each of us until the new year would cost $864. That is a HUGE saving. So this was a Great Score.

Really not much more to talk about right now. Just looking for work. Not contract work either. I want something full time, permanent with a business. If contract is what I have to do to get there, so be it. Contract work is a stop-gap measure for me anymore. I do not like the un-predictability and un-certainty of contract work. And the benefits aren't really benefits. Thus, the reason for looking for a permament position. I need the stability in my life now.

Needless to say, UI is not paying very much. So a good job would be a very good thing right now.

I'll try to stay current here. It gives me a diversion from job hunting. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home