Saturday, April 02, 2005

Racing Day

Well, the posting errors still abound. This will be my 5th attempt at posting...

My wife is now on the road to see the grandchildren. So now, it's race day here. She doesn't much like watching auto racing of any kind. So when she is out, I watch it while I can. She watches the NASCAR Nextel cup races on Sundays with me, but that is about it. Today I am watching Formula 1 series Grand Prix in Bahrain. I am not a total motorhead by anymeans. I just like to watch the occasional race. And with the Speed Channel, there is a lot of racing to watch. Anything from NACSAR and Formula 1 to Baha trucks and off road buggies, to Moto and Supercross.

Along the lines of sports, I am hoping (and praying) the the Seattle Mariners do far better this year, than in the past 2 years. In 2001 we had it made with 116 season wins. That is an all time MLB record. The previous record held by the Chicago Cubs in 1906, however, one of their regular season games was won due to a forfeit. So in my book, the Mariners hold the true record, having won all 116 games on the playing field, and each game ran 9 full innings or more. To me a forfeit just does not count. And it should change the Cubs 1906 record to 115 wins. But then, that is just my humble opinion.

Another sport I enjoy watching are the the Gravity Games. This is an event (tour) of winter sports that have changed quite a bit over the years. Now, it's more competing against the course instead of your opponent. Even though there are competitions that pit people against one another, but they are really trying to beat the course. If you beat the course you beat your opponent. Much like Golf.

More later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home